Well today marks 5 days since we started hand walking Forrest under tack. It has been going remarkably well! His leg has looked better each day, but as in all rehab situation and as Forrest and I have learned from the last rehab event there comes a point where you reach the point in which you may push yourself too much and make it worse. Luckily we haven't hit that point but we have hit the point where he has plateaued which is 20 minutes. Have no fear this isn't a bad thing, it just means we need to stick at 20 minutes for a couple days and then continue added our two minutes everyday.
Even with the couple days stuck at 20 minutes Forrest will still hit his 30 minute mark by the end of next week which is the point we switch from hand walking to rider! I am super happy with the results and the Cheshire cat grin my trainer has after every leg check is infectious! At first I was worried when she said he plateaued. I thought that something was wrong and Forrest wasn't able to handle the walking, but my trainer is thrilled with it. She actually said that she expected Forrest to only be at 10 minutes and not 20, so hes essentially doubled the time! This does not mean his rehab is moving faster than expected, in fact we are more determined to stick to our plan but it shows great for future progression and proof his leg is getting better.
So all good news! So tomorrow and Sunday I will stick to our 9 laps each direction, or 20 minutes! So we'll just keep on truckin!
No comments:
Post a Comment