Well the Thoroughbred show was a great time but now it’s
time to get to business in order to have BOTH my boys at the TB show! Today was
Forrest’s first day of Rehab!!! Being a Monday it was definitely something to
look forward to! My trainer had told me we would drug him as we weren't sure
what to expect with him so better to be safe than sorry. I got to the barn
early so I hopped on Indy bareback and played around the ring to kill some
time. I didn't want to start the rehab myself as I wanted to be sure he leg
looked good to start.
Finally, which seemed forever but it wasn't my trainer
arrived! Being the proactive person I was, I had already tacked up Forrest in
the stall and we were ready for what came next. She check his leg which looked
better than ever and then gave Forrest a stiff drink J Didn't take long for
the drugs to work and Forrest was as mellow as they come. We led Forrest out
onto his “track” that he would be using and did 5 circles each way. He was
great and looked good. His leg was a bit stiff, but considering he hasn't been
using it with a saddle on it was expected. The more he moved the better he got.
First time tacked up in 2 months
With both myself and my trainer pleased with him she gave me
the instructions for the next two weeks. I would add 1 extra circle everyday
each direction. In two weeks, with each circle added the total time Forrest and
I will be spending under saddle will be 30 minutes in which we will switch from
hand walking to saddle time! J
I got this Mom..
I am just so happy to be doing something physically with him
and I believe so is Forrest. I was told the other day about his antics in the
field. While I was away he was trying to play tag with one of my friends as she
was getting her horse out of the field. She said he kept nudging her and her
daughter to play and then he would gallop off into another field feeling good!



No comments:
Post a Comment