Thursday, October 25, 2012

The countdown begins


Well we are getting closer and closer to November and Forrest is doing better and better. I do have to say, if this was gonna happen we couldn't have asked for any better timing. With the cold weather setting in, it’s doing the cold hosing/icing for us. Sandy is about to come and with her rain, rain and more rain. With the current temperature it’s like Forrest will get his leg iced for 36 hours straight with no holding…I like this! With the colder weather we have also switched tactics! We can finally start using DMSO gel for his leg! Over the last month while he’s been out, I have seen the swelling shrink and us slowly take a layer off at a time and break up the edema that still holding on in his leg. This past week his leg has hardened a bit and feels tight. It’s the best it’s ever looked and I couldn't be happier!

                                                                               October 24, 2012




Forrest sadly is watching from his stall daily while I ride both Halo and Indy and I can tell he isn't overly thrilled with it. I definitely get the “what about me” look with the “puppy eyes”. But with November coming soon not only does that mean we start rehab if Forrest’s leg looks good but it’s the Thoroughbred show!



I have been busy working with Halo and getting her to bend and frame up and Indy to get in shape. Both have been doing so wonderfully and are ready for the show! I keep thinking of packing me and the horses but haven’t gotten to it with so much to do! I have been busy working on the Adoption books for the show (and drooling over the beautiful horses as well) and making a sign to for Indy that the packing has gotten sidelined…ehh lately I've been pretty good with winging it….



But everything will come together so I am not too worried....

No comments:

Post a Comment